Senior Planner - North Port, Florida
Salary: $59,917.94 - $89,877.01
Performs advanced professional planning work of a technical nature in the daily operations of the Department. Administers and enforces the City's Unified Land Development Code research projects and Comprehensive Plan updates.
- Prepares, reviews, implements and revises of the Comprehensive Plan and other applicable legislation.
- Performs necessary research and analysis for special projects for Long Range Planning.
- Reviews requests for property development and prepares recommendations for variance and rezoning requests, conditional use permits, site plans and subdivision plans and plats.
- Prepares staff recommendations and makes formal presentations as assigned.
- Coordinates and participates in the review and approval of building permit applications to ensure compliance with the City's Unified Land Development Code and Comprehensive Plan.
- Conducts field inspections, as required.
- Maintains the City's data base for such information as population, land use, housing and other statistics used for planning purposes.
- Maintains the City's Unified Land Development Code.
- Assists the general public, developers, elected officials and other City departments in interpreting and applying the City's Unified Land Development Code, as well as other applicable standards and regulations.
- Acts as liaison with other departments and outside agencies.
- Represents the City on committees involved in special projects and long range planning efforts.
- Serves as technical advisor to staff and provides assistance with complex assignments.
- Master 's degree in Urban and Regional Planning or Public Administration and four (4) years of professional work experience in planning or a related field. AICP certification is desirable.